Looking for the best place to buy CBD oil online? Well, you've come to the right place.
We reviewed hundreds of CBD oils available on the market as of November 2018 and created a simple list to help you select the best product for you and where to buy it online. Each CBD oil was evaluated across a variety of factors: potency, purity, price, customer reviews, flavor profiles and more. These are truly the best CBD oils out there.
Have a question about a specific CBD oil? Ask us in the comments!
Keep in mind, price can fluctuate over time so we will try to update the prices as frequently as possible. Please refer to the product links in each of the sections to get the most up to date pricing information from each manufacturer's website.
If you're looking for the best CBD oil for anxiety specifically, be sure to check out our post on that here: Best CBD Oils for Anxiety.
Buy CBD Oil: Best CBD Oils Of 2018 Product Comparison Chart
|Picture||CBD Oil||Potency (CBD per Serving)||Price per Bottle||
Total CBD per Bottle
|Cost per mg CBD|
Things to consider before buying
Having a hard time selecting the the right CBD oil? There are a couple of things you absolutely need to consider before choosing. In the beginning selecting the right CBD oil can be a real challenge, with a large range of prices, brands, delivery methods, strengths, infusion methods and retailers to purchase from. Luckily for you, once you know the factors that go into selecting the right CBD product, you’ll find it easy to choose the right product for your needs. This guide lists the key factors you should take into consideration when selecting a CBD oil to treat your anxiety.
1) Start by comparing concentrations : CBD oil, sold as oil in CBD capsules or CBD tincture, does range in concentrations. The majority of CBD oil manufacturers sell a 250mg, 500mg and 1,000mg dosage of their oil, giving consumers the right dosage for their personal needs. Typical with most medicines, a higher doses of CBD oil will have a stronger effect. A first-time CBD oil user should start with a low to moderate concentration of CBD oil, like a 250mg or 500mg CBD tincture or a 10mg or 25mg CBD capsule. With time, the dosage of CBD oil can be adjusted to fit your individual needs.
2) Choose between an isolate or full spectrum oil : CBD oil comes in two variations: Full-spectrum, whole-plant CBD oil, which contains a variety of other active ingredients in addition to CBD, and CBD isolate, which only contains isolated CBD compound. On the surface isolated CBD sounds like the best product right? Wrong. The data shows there are many more benefits to using full spectrum hemp oil. Several CBD experts note that oil with additional active ingredients has an “entourage effect,” producing a better result for the consumer. In layman's terms, CBD may potentially be more effective when consumed with other hemp based compounds. Everyone's body is different, so test both and see what works for you.
3) Pick your dosage form/delivery method: CBD oil doesn’t just mean oil -- in fact, CBD is available in a variety of different serving sizes forms and delivery methods. For example, in our online shop, CBD is available in several different concentrations as CBD tincture, in single origin hemp capsules and as hemp salve. All three delivery options contain identical active ingredients but offer different levels of accessibility and convenience. While Functional Remedies currently does not offer it, you can also purchase CBD oil as a simple oil, letting you inhale it via vaporizer pen. In the end, a variety of options are available, making it easy to consume and benefit from CBD through the method that best suits your needs.
4) Shop online for CBD tincture, capsules and more: Searching for high quality, proven CBD oil products? Our online store features a wide range of full spectrum CBD oil products, ranging from hemp oil tincture to nourishing hemp salve, hemp capsules and more.
Where to Buy CBD Oil Online: Best CBD Oil Reviews & Where To Buy
CBDPure Hemp Oil 600 - Best Overall
- Summary: CBDPure Hemp Oil is world class and is a Production Grower favorite. You can't go wrong here. CBDPure is a cannabidiol oil derived from certified organic-standards home-grown in Colorado. This product doesn't contain any harmful pesticides or herbicides. Each batch is tested and certified by a third-party lab for every batch. Remember, CBD doesn't have any psychoactive properties that is found in recreational hemp. The CBDPure Hemp Oil lab tests and reports are available if you want to ask them about it.
- Various Doses: 100mg, 300mg, 600mg, 750mg with a bottle size of 30ml
- Current Price Ranges: $55.00 – $80.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.7/10
- Average Online Reviews: 4.8 stars (228 reviews)
Hemp Bombs CBD Oil - Best For Anxiety
- Summary: HempBomb is the up and coming product and when you're looking for premium, they are a good place to shop. They go straight to the source and it is extracted from superior premium hemp that is organic and certified in terms of health standards. The hemp is grown using sustainability methods with non-GMO materials. The hemp farms they work with are top notch which you can see in their product. All of their products are currently manufacture in-house which allows them to control key parts of their supply chain. Many CBD companies have multiple different manufacturers throughout the supply chain which leaves room for breakage. All of the products are guaranteed through verified lab testing with ingredients.
- Additional Benefits from Hemp Bombs: The team here at Production Grower actually went ahead and did some testing internally on the effects of Hempbombs CBD product and we came away extremely impressed. We measured for a variety of different things and the most common improvements that we saw were: 1) Mood 2) Sleep Quality 3) Stress. We tested this with over 10 different test subjects and 95% reported an uptick in mood. 70% reported an uptick in sleep quality and 64% reported an reduction of stress. Consumers that are shopping for CBD can feel confident they are in good hands if they are buying Hemp Bombs. The true strength of the Hemp Bombs brand is that they control the manufacturing process from plant to product line.
- Various Doses: Available in 300mg, 600mg, 1000mg, 2000mg, and 4000mg bottles.
- Price Ranges: $49.00 – $299.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.5/10
KOI Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Oil - Natural Choice
- Summary: Koi CBD is a very solid product when it comes to price and quality. Currently, they use 99% pure cannabidiol extracted through a pharma grade process in a high-tech cGMP facility. Because of this unique process, this process gives them one of the most consistent CBD oils to buy in the market. KOI PRIZM full spectrum CBD oil, coconut oil, and other natural flavor extracts make up the rest of the ingredients
- Various Doses: Available in 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg
- Price Ranges: $39.00 – $299.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 8.8/10
Diamond CBD Oil - Most Versatile
- Summary: DiamondCBD is one of the better and well-known brands out there. They have Non-GMO organically-grown plants that are manually selected by CBD experts. They are very much an international company in how they value their supply chain and where they extract the oil. DiamondCBD works with farms from Kentucky, Colorado, and Scandinavia. All of their raw materials are quality tested and their lab results can be found on their website. They use what is referred to as supercritical extraction: this is one of the more gentle approaches to extracting high quality CBD which retains the molecules in the hemp plant. DiamondCBD has strict control over their growth, manufacturing, and distribution. Although they aren't vertically integrated (i.e. they don't control the manufacturing directly like Hemp Bombs), they still have a high quality product and is very popular outside the US.
- Various Doses: Available in over 10 different doses. From 10mg to 1500mg.
- Price Ranges: $19.00 – $219.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.1/10
CBDfx CBD Oil Tinctures - Best For Beginners
- Summary: Based in CA - very popular on the West Coast, and they have a military and first responder discount!
- Various Doses: 60mg, 120mg, 300mg, 500mg, 1000mg, 1500mg
- Price Ranges: $74.00 – $749.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.2/10
CBD Essence Tincture - Most Featured In The News
- Summary: Featured on CNBC and CNN + many other news outlets for their popularity. CBD Essence hemp cbd-only products are highly absorptive and assimilated compared to competitor CBD oils that simply are not easily absorbed in full by the stomach. When our staff dug around and did some more research on the product, we found that the the company also noted this. In addition to actual CBD oil, CBD Essence have high quality cbds oil pills and capsules are made into liposome formulas so the active molecules are protected in a bubble of coconut oil before being digested - these tend to work well if you don't like the oil.
- Various Doses: 300mg or 600mg
- Price Ranges: $48.00 – $159.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 8.9/10
Populum Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil - Best Flavor
- Summary: Populum’s Premium Hemp Oil is a favorite at ProductionGrower for its sweet, fresh orange flavor and reliable effects.
- Various Doses: “Advanced” tincture with 1000mg per 30ml bottle, also available in 250 & 500mg
- Price Ranges: $65.00 – 190.00
- Specials: Save 5% with a monthly subscription.
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.4/10
Ananda Hemp Spectrum Extract - Best Value
- Summary: Grown by Kentucky farmers on over 500 acres and one of the longest/oldest producers of domestic hemp
- Various Doses: 20mg or 600mg
- Price Ranges: $39-$89
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9.1/10
- Independent Lab: https://www.anandahemp.com/learn/product-quality/
- Flavor: Strong Herbal Flavor
- Ingredients: Amanda Hemp Flower Extract, Raw Organic Cold Pressed Hemp Seed Oil. Botanical Terpene Blend.
- Other: Made in the USA and certified by Kentucky Dept. of Agriculture
CBD Sky Full-Spectrum Oil Drops - Full Spectrum Choice
- Summary: CBDSKY has one of the smoothest tasting CBD oils out of all of the brands listed here.
- Various Doses: 250mg, 500mg, 750mg, 1000mg, or 1500mg
- Price Ranges: $40.00-$129.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 9/10
- Flavor: Natural, Spearmint, Orange and Lemon Lime
- Ingredients: CBD, Cannabigerol, Cannabichromene + flavonoids, terpenes for taste and flavor + hemp based carrier oil.
Pure Kana Natural CBD Oil - Most Trusted Brand
- Summary: PURE KANA is one of the most trusted brands in CBD.
- Various Doses: 300mg, 600mg, 1000mg
- Price Ranges: $54.00 – $139.00
- Productiongrower Customer Service & Shipping Rating: 8.2/10
- Flavor: Mint, Natural, or Vanilla - all highly recommended. Light hemp taste with an aroma you'll barely notice.
- Ingredients: Hemp Extract, MCT Oil, Natural Flavors
- Other: One of the more popular brands that is truly international!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is CBD Oil?
CBD (also commonly referred to as cannabidiol) is one of the most commonly found compounds in the cannabis plant. Contrary to its more famous cousin, THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD is 100% non psychoactive, meaning it won't get you high. This gives a much broader audience the chance to enjoy the natural health benefits of adding CBD to their daily routine without the concerns of intoxication. Prepare to relax without the “high” and enjoy the anti-inflammatory, relaxing and many other benefits of CBD.
CBD Oil, an oil extract from the cannabis plant containing high concentrations of CBD, has become extremely popular across the globe in recent years. This non-intoxicating cannabis extract is being credited with helping treat a host of medical problems, including chronic pain, epileptic seizures, anxiety, inflammation and sleeplessness.
What's the difference between THC and CBD?
Most people have heard of THC, uncommonly known as tetrahydrocannabinol. It’s highly psychoactive, which CBD is not. In fact, the incredibly relaxing properties of CBD are turning heads in the medical world. For years it was disregarded, falsely assuming that it was psychoactive in a similar way that THC is. This has now been proven to be completely false.
Now that you’re perhaps intrigued, let’s take a closer look at CBD oil and the potential benefits. Consider this startling list. CBD has proven in preclinical trials to be effective in managing: Depression, tumors, pain, appetite, sleep disorders, mood, and motor control. CBD also is high in antioxidants, while also containing properties which are anti-psychotic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anxiolytic.
Although CBD can be used in many forms, often patients opt to take it as an oil. Medical cannabis oil is proving to be quite helpful for cancer patients and those facing chronic conditions. The oil is extracted from high-CBD varieties of cannabis, and can be administered in a number of ways.
To explain the origins of CBD, you must first understand that female cannabis plants have resin glands known as trichomes. CBD is predominant in these resin glands, along with the 80 other chemical compounds called cannabinoids.
CBD appears to have the therapeutic effect that it does because it mimics a similar chemical found in the human body, called endocannabinoid. This chemical is produced naturally. It’s for this reason that CBD is able to interact with the cells of our bodies.
How Do I Select The Best CBD Oil?
CBD is being produced without any regulation, resulting in products that vary widely in quality
We compiled a list of the top CBD oils on the market for the year of 2018 (the cheat sheet table is below with price ranges). Keep in mind, price can fluctuate depending on the manufacturer so we will try to update the prices as frequently as possible. Please refer to the product links in each of the sections to get the most up to date pricing information on Amazon.
Is CBD Oil Legal in the United States?
CBD concentrates derived from hemp are available in retail outlets and online across the U.S. and internationally. Hemp has become a popular legal source of cannabinoids like CBD in countries around the world. Legal hemp is classified here in the U.S. as having a THC content of less than 0.3% by dry weight.
While CBD oil derived from marijuana may contain high levels of THC, the compound that gets you high, CBD from hemp contains only trace amounts of THC, far below the psychoactive level, and is therefore legal to purchase, ship, and use in all 50 states.
Although it is legal to manufacture products containing CBD from naturally low-THC hemp in the U.S., it's not yet broadly legal to grow hemp here. We work with farms in the European Union to carefully test and review 3,000 varieties of hemp. This is the best way to find the one that thrives and produces the optimal ratio of cannabinoids so that our CBD oil products meet restrictions in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Nearly ⅔ of the hemp-growing countries worldwide are in Europe, often on small family-owned farms and grown free of pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers.
CBD sourced from hemp is a legal dietary supplement sold in all 50 U.S. states. Because CBD supplements derived from hemp are 100% legal to purchase, ship, and consume anywhere in the U.S., you can take these CBD oils with you wherever you go, including over state lines. CBD hemp oil products are also legal to purchase and import in over 40 countries, including nations in Europe, the Middle East, East Asia, and Latin America.
WHAT IS CBD OIL USED FOR?
Before we dive into what exactly CBD Oil can be used for, it's an important to remember that CBD hemp oil is the extracted oil product of the hemp plant, a non-psychoactive species of the cannabis family. These oils often times contain high doses of THC, which isn't necessarily ideal for some CBD lovers (this obviously depends on what you are lookin for). CBD has a direct impact on multiple different areas and functions of the body, which is why you often times run into people that use it for pain, stress, and anxiety. People also buy CBD for their dogs. There is more and more research being done on CBD everyday and new uses come about, but often times, it takes a user to try a few different brands and types to understand which best suits your needs.
What are common side effects of CBD?
The vast majority of people that take CBD do not experience any side effects whatsoever. However, just like other types of medication, there are side effects that come about all the time. It's important to note that before buying CBD or any CBD brand on the market, you should absolutely start with a small dosage and work your way up. The absolute most common side effect for CBD is sleepiness or grogginess. In addition, you should take into consideration any other medication you are currently taking and how that can affect you when you mix it with CBD (think adderall or painkillers in general).
If you feel concerned, please check in with your doctor to make sure that it doesn't affect you in any serious way.
What should I feel when I take CBD?
You shouldn't expect to feel any type of "high" immediately when you take CBD oil... especially if you are taking it for the first time. CBD is meant to reduce feeling, rather than induce a unique feeling you haven't had before. It definitely allows people to fall asleep more easily, or feel less pain or anxiety.
There is a significant portion of the users that report a significant reduction in paint and inflammation - which not surprisingly, is a large portion of the country.
Photos of the oils in use
Northstar Naturals Hemp Oil